The 2014 Out in the Desert International LGBT Film Festival is now accepting submissions. This annual film festival is celebrating its 2nd year in the city of Tucson, Arizona. The film festival will be held from March 5-9th 2014.
Arizona boasts an international reputation as a cultural and artistic mecca, and is home to one of the most diverse communities in the world.
We’re encouraging all filmmakers to submit your completed work for consideration. Films and videos submitted can be of any length, but should be of interest to the gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgendered communities.
Early Deadline: Oct 4, 2013 Free
Regular Deadline: Nov 1st 2013 $10 entry fee
Late Deadline: Dec 13, 2013 $50 entry fee
Competition (Juried Awards) for best feature, documentary and best short are awarded at the closing night ceremony. We also offer Audience Awards.
Please fill out the official entry form completely. A separate entry form is required for each title. Click here for the online form.
See our submission guidelines below.
Mail submissions to:
Out in the Desert 2013
3053 W Anklam Rd Unit 8
Tucson, AZ 85745
NOTE: Please be sure to put your entry number on the outside of the package.
In addition to the preview DVD, you may send photos and other publicity materials.
Out in the Desert 2014
Tucson’s International LGBT Film Festival
“The Power of Film” – Educating, Entertaining and Transcending
March 5-9, 2014
Film Submission Guidelines
We have a juried Crystal Cactus Award, as well as our Audience Awards.
FESTIVAL EXHIBITION FORMATS
Blu-Ray (Region 0 or 1), DVD (Region 0 or 1)
Early – Entry postmarked by Oct 4 2013 (No Entry Fee)
Regular – Entry postmarked by Nov 1st 2013 – ($10.00 Entry Fee)
Late – Entry postmarked by Dec 13th 2013– ($20.00 Entry Fee)
Checks made out to Southwest LGBT Film Society
HOW TO ENTER
1. Please label each DVD screener with the film’s title, entry #, running time and director’s name. At this time we cannot accept online screeners. Due to the number of screeners we receive, we cannot return preview screeners.
2. All entry forms and screeners must be postmarked by November 1, 2013.
3. Films in the festival must be a Tucson Premiere.
4. Entry fees are listed above and also on our entry form.
5. Please enclose a self-addressed stamped postcard to confirm receipt of your entry.
6. If your work is accepted, we will notify you no later than December 30, 2013. We will require your exhibition Blu-Ray (Region 0 – 1) or DVD (Region 0 – 1) by January 15, 2013.
7. Shipment of exhibition materials to the festival must be paid by the applicant. Return shipment of exhibition material will be paid by the festival. Out in the Desert and the Southwest LGBT Film Society accepts no responsibility for loss or damage of entries during shipment to or from the festival.
8. Unfortunately, we are not able to pay film rental fees for submitted works.
9. Once a film is submitted it may not be withdrawn.