The 2013 Out in the Desert International LGBT Film Festival is now accepting submissions. This annual film festival is celebrating its 2nd year in the city of Tucson, Arizona. The film festival will be held from January 24 – 27, 2013.
Arizona boasts an international reputation as a cultural and artistic mecca, and is home to one of the most diverse communities in the world.
We’re encouraging all filmmakers to submit your completed work for consideration. Films and videos submitted can be of any length, but should be of interest to the gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgendered communities.
Early Deadline: July 20, 2012
Regular Deadline: October 12, 2012
Late Deadline: November 2, 2012
Competition (Juried Awards) for best feature, documentary and best short are awarded at the closing night ceremony. We also offer Audience Awards.
Please fill out the official entry form completely. A separate entry form is required for each title. Click here for the online form.
See our submission guidelines below.
Mail submissions to:
Out in the Desert 2013
414 E. 9th Street
Tucson, AZ 85705
NOTE: Please be sure to put your entry number on the outside of the package.
In addition to the preview DVD, you may send photos and other publicity materials.
Out in the Desert 2013
Tucson’s International LGBT Film Festival
“The Power of Film” – Educating, Entertaining and Transcending
January 24 – 27, 2013
Film Submission Guidelines
We have a juried Crystal Cactus Award, as well as our Audience Awards.
FESTIVAL EXHIBITION FORMATS
Blu-Ray (Region 0 or 1), DVD (Region 0 or 1)
Early – Entry postmarked by July 20, 2012 (No Entry Fee)
International – Entry postmarked by October 12, 2012 (No Entry Fee)
Arizona Filmmakers or Films made in AZ – Entry postmarked by October 12, 2012 (No Entry Fee)
Regular – Entry postmarked by October 12, 2012 – ($10.00 Entry Fee)
Late – Entry postmarked by Nov 2, 2012– ($20.00 Entry Fee)
Checks made out to Southwest LGBT Film Society
HOW TO ENTER
1. Please label each DVD screener with the film’s title, entry #, running time and director’s name. At this time we cannot accept online screeners. Due to the number of screeners we receive, we cannot return preview screeners.
2. All entry forms and screeners must be postmarked by October 12, 2012.
3. Films in the festival must be a Tucson Premiere.
4. Entry fees are listed above and also on our entry form.
5. In addition to the preview screener, you may send photos (hi res. jpegs) and other publicity materials.
6. Please enclose a self-addressed stamped postcard to confirm receipt of your entry.
7. If your work is accepted, we will notify you no later than November 23, 2012. We will require your exhibition Blu-Ray (Region 0 – 1) or DVD (Region 0 – 1) by December 10, 2012.
8. Shipment of exhibition materials to the festival must be paid by the applicant. Return shipment of exhibition material will be paid by the festival. Out in the Desert and the Southwest LGBT Film Society accepts no responsibility for loss or damage of entries during shipment to or from the festival.
9. Unfortunately, we are not able to pay film rental fees for submitted works.
10. Once a film is submitted it may not be withdrawn.